Join Mobile United’s Natural Resources Committee, along with Mobile Baykeeper, Alabama Coastal Foundation, Dog River Clear Water Revival, and Mobile Bay National Estuary Program, for
Join Mobile United’s Natural Resources Committee, along with Mobile Baykeeper, Alabama Coastal Foundation, Dog River Clear Water Revival, and Mobile Bay National Estuary Program, for a day of service on Saturday, January 18, 2020. This year, we will be focusing all of our efforts on cleaning up Eslava Creek. All participants should meet for check-in/registration in the parking lot of Springdale Mall (3250 Airport Blvd), in front of the old Burlington Coat Factory. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m., followed by guest speakers and a safety debriefing. The cleanup will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 11 a.m.
There will be four different cleanup sites this year:
Site 1 – 3250 Airport Blvd (Springdale Mall area)
Site 2 – 429 Bel Air Blvd (around the old Toys R Us)
Site 3 – 101 E. Interstate 65 Service Rd S (behind Walmart)
Site 4 – 3280 Dauphin St. (near Shell gas station)
*Each of the four sites will have a site captain.
What we will provide:
1. Water coolers for refillable water bottles (we will have some reusable cups)
2. Pickers, safety vests, gloves, and garbage bags
3. Bug spray and sunscreen
4. First aid kit
5. We will also have a limited number of waders for people to use
What we encourage volunteers to wear/bring:
1. Comfortable, warm clothing that you do not mind getting a little wet or dirty
2. Boots that can get wet and/or muddy
3. Refillable water bottles (we will have water coolers at each site)
If you have any questions, please contact Mobile United at 251-432-1638.
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 11:00 am