United Way of Southwest Alabama Annual Meeting
United Way of Southwest Alabama’s 2019 Annual Meeting will be August 15, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Hotel and will feature keynote speaker
United Way of Southwest Alabama’s 2019 Annual Meeting will be August 15, 2019, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Hotel and will feature keynote speaker Pulitzer Prize Winner Fox Butterfield. Admission is $60 per person.
Fox Butterfield is the author of China: Alive in the Bitter Sea, which won the National Book Award, In My Father’s House: A New View of How Crime Runs in the Family, and All God’s Children: The Bosket Family and the American Tradition of Violence. He was a member of The New York Times reporting team that won the Pulitzer Prize for its publication of the Pentagon Papers and served as a bureau chief for the newspaper in Boston, Saigon, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Beijing, where he opened The Times bureau in 1979.
He lives in Portland, Oregon, with his wife Elizabeth Mehren, a longtime journalist with the Los Angeles Times and professor of journalism at Boston University.
Other Annual Meeting Events:
- 1:00 p.m. – Community Roundtable led by Mr. Butterfield – location to be determined.
- 5:00 p.m. – VIP Sponsor Cocktail Reception and Book Signing at the Battle House Renaissance Hotel & Spa
- 10:00 a.m. – UWSWA Campaign Kickoff & Proclamation Announcements at the UWSWA office (218 St. Francis Street, 36602)
- Second Line Style Parade to Renaissance Mobile Riverview Hotel & Plaza
- UWSWA Pep Rally at Renaissance Mobile Riverview Plaza
- 11:30 a.m. – Keynote Luncheon in the Ballroom of the Renaissance Mobile Riverview Hotel & Plaza
For information and sponsorship opportunities, contact Sherrica Hunt at 251.433.3624 or email@example.com.
(Thursday) 11:30 am - 1:00 pm