As summer approaches, my to-do list for all things outdoors is a mile long. All winter I’ve been sketching ideas and researching new products for my outdoor living space, and I wanted to share them with you so you can start dreaming too. From simple to luxurious, practical to just dreaming, here is what’s on my wish list for outdoor living this summer.
1. Zilker Sprinkler System This sprinkler timer wirelessly connects to your phone via an app as well as to the local weather station to keep tabs on how much water your lawn and plants have been getting. With the touch of a button, you can turn sprinklers on or off, or delay even when you’re out of town.
2. Phantom Screens In the south, we LOVE a screened porch. It’s just necessary. From a design standpoint, they aren’t always my favorite, and maintaining them can be difficult. But retractable screens? That’s something I can get behind. They help blur the line even further between indoors and out.
3. Industrial Cafe Lights These are my favorite go-to cafe lights. They add the perfect warm color to any outdoor space, and they will survive the elements.
4. Never Wet Outdoor Fabric Spray The weather conditions along the Gulf Coast help mold and mildew grow easily. I use this spray to protect my outdoor fabrics and keep them fresh for a whole season!
5. Bougainvillea I’m trying my hand at growing Bougainvillea on a wall this year. Odds are it won’t work, but the lure of 10 months of beautiful bright color around my pool is enough for me to throw odds out the window.
6. Rainbird Drip Irrigation System This system is easy to install, and you can go out of town knowing your plants will be taken care of. Use in conjunction with the Zilker watering system to perfect your watering through the rainy and dry seasons!
7. Market Umbrella I love this sophisticated take on the traditional market umbrella. It comes in a variety of colors so you have options for your outdoor space.
8. Outdoor Griddle and Fryer I’ve been dying to get a griddle outside instead of a traditional grill, and this model comes with a fryer! Frying food inside is one of my least favorite things. The smell lingers and oil splatter gets everywhere, so this is the perfect solution.
Catherine Arensberg is an exterior designer who specializes in finding ways to create your ultimate outdoor space, no matter the budget. Browse more of her work here: catherinearensberg.com