Advertising Sales Rep
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Advertising Sales Representative to join our team at Mobile Bay Magazine. The position will be responsible for generating advertising revenue by selling print and digital advertising space to local businesses.
- Identify and cultivate new business opportunities through prospecting and lead
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual sales targets
- Maintain strong relationships with current clients and assist them with all their
- Develop and present customized advertising proposals to clients
- Attend local events and networking functions to promote the magazine and generate leads
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proficiency with CRM and Microsoft Office
- Experience, particularly in media and event sales, is a plus
We offer a competitive salary and commission structure, as well as a dynamic and collaborative work environment. If you are a driven and results-oriented individual looking to advance your career in advertising sales, we encourage you to apply. To apply, Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “MB Advertising Sales Rep.” Email only, please.
Mobile Bay Magazine is always looking for freelance writers, photographers and artists with fresh perspective and new story ideas. Knowledge/familiarity of the Mobile Bay area is a must. Interested parties may send a resume, cover letter, work samples and any story queries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “MB Freelancer.” Email only, please.
Editorial Internships (Unpaid)
In the fall, spring and summer, Mobile Bay Magazine selects several college students and recent graduates for our internship program. Interns work directly with the editorial staff in nearly every step of the publishing process. Responsibilities include fact checking, editing, light copywriting, production assistance and light photo styling. The ideal candidate is a hardworking go-getter with an eye for detail, a passion for storytelling and close ties to the Mobile Bay area. A major in journalism, communication, English or a related field is preferred.
In general, applicants must be in their junior year or later. Dates and times are flexible, though interns must work at least 20 hours per week. Most colleges and universities accept this internship program as course credit. While applicants are exposed to aspects of graphic design and advertising, we do not offer internships specifically in these fields. The position is unpaid. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, writing samples and the dates you are available to email@example.com with the subject line “MB Intern.” Email only, please.