Sometimes, nothing beats a good old-fashioned grilled cheese. The classic combination of two slices of bread and a hunk of cheese is the epitome of comfort food. In this delicious version, cheddar and Gouda join in melty goodness between thick pieces of sourdough. Conecuh sausage and onions sautéed in beer and Worcestershire sauce give the sandwich an added kick.
Beer & Conecuh Grilled Cheese
1/4 cup beer
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
Conecuh sausage (spicy or original)
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil, and sauté onion, beer, Worcestershire sauce and oregano.
2. Cook Conecuh sausage in a separate skillet.
3. Butter both sides of the bread and then cook.
4. Top one slice of bread with cheddar and Gouda. Add the onions and sausage.
5. Top with other slice of bread and cook until cheese is well melted and both sides of the sandwich are golden brown. Makes 2 sandwiches.