Easy King Cake
This semi-homemade king cake is quick, easy and just as satisfying as the real thing.
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cans Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 – 3 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
sprinkles, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar and cinnamon.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. On a greased round baking sheet, position triangles next to each other with the points toward the center, overlapping about 1/4 inch, forming a large round.
3. Spoon the cream cheese filling in a circle, about half way between the edges and the points of each triangle.
4. Fold the point of each triangle toward the outer rim of the pan. Then pull the edges of the triangles toward the center of the roll, fully enclosing the filling and creating a ring of dough.
5. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, almond extract and milk. Drizzle glaze onto cake and top with sprinkles. Serves 8 – 10.