Layers of chocolate and banana MoonPies steal the spotlight in this festive take on banana pudding.
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
3/4 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (5.1-ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 banana and 3 chocolate MoonPies, cut into wedges
6 bananas, sliced
1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and beat until blended.
2. In a separate bowl, beat pudding mix and milk until blended. Add pudding to cream cheese mixture and mix well.
3. In the bottom of a glass trifle bowl, add 1/3 of pudding mixture. Top with a layer of sliced banana
MoonPies and 3 sliced bananas.
4. Repeat layers with 1/3 of pudding mixture, chopped chocolate MoonPies and 3 sliced bananas. Top with remaining pudding mixture.
5. Spread Cool Whip evenly on top of trifle. Chill for several hours or overnight. Before serving, add extra MoonPie wedges or sprinkle MoonPie crumbs over the top for garnish, if desired. Serves 10 – 12.