On the off chance you have any leftover Halloween candy (crazy, right?), we have the perfect recipe to take your peanut butter/chocolate obsession to a whole new level. This cracker toffee packs the perfect punch of sweet and salty you won’t be able to resist.
Peanut Butter Cup Cracker Toffee
40 square saltine crackers
1 (8-ounce) package Reese’s Minis Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips
1 cup Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips
3/4 cup salted peanut halves
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a jelly roll pan with heavy-duty foil. Generously spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Arrange crackers in bottom of pan with edges touching; set aside.
3. Cut each peanut butter cup in half and set aside.
4. Heat butter and brown sugar over medium heat in a heavy medium saucepan, stirring frequently until butter melts. Increase heat to high and boil without stirring until surface is covered with bubbles, 1 to 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn.
5. Pour butter mixture over crackers. Spread to cover evenly.
6. Bake for 5 minutes; remove from oven. Let cool 3 minutes.
7. Sprinkle peanut butter chips over crackers then sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over surface. Wait a couple of minutes for chips to soften, then spread melted chips over crackers.
8. Sprinkle with peanut butter cup halves and peanuts, pressing them in lightly. Allow to sit until chocolate is set and firm.
9. Break or cut into pieces. Store covered in an airtight container. Makes 40 crackers.