Eastern Shore Bouillabaisse
Recipe from Chef Pete Blohme of Sunset Pointe
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 51/60 shrimp
3 ounces fish
3 large or 5 small shellfish
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
1/2 tablespoon shallots, chopped
1/4 cup leeks, chopped
1/4 cup fennel, chopped
3 ounces white wine
8 ounces fish stock
1 ounce red tomato, diced
1 ounce green tomato, diced
2 ounces butterItalian parsley and fennel fronds, for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pan until smoking hot.
2. Quickly saute shrimp, fish and shellfish. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add garlic and shallots and cook until softened.
4. Add leeks and fennel and cook until softened.
5. Deglaze with white wine and reduce by half. Add fish stock and cook for approximately 4 minutes.
6. Add red and green tomatoes at the very end.
7. Finish with butter and garnish with chopped Italian parsley and fennel fronds. Serves 1 – 2