Recipe by Theresa McCown // Makes 16
8 large collard green leaves
1/2 cup hummus of your choice
Sriracha chili sauce, to taste
1/2 each red and yellow bell pepper, sliced in thin strips
1/2 cucumber, sliced in thin strips
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
1/2 cup slivered Kalamata olives
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Wash collard leaves, then remove the stems and trim off the thickest part of the spine.
2. Fill a large saute pan with 1/2 inch of water and bring to a simmer. Add the collard leaves and steam for a few minutes to make them more pliable. Allow to cool completely.
3. Lay one collard leaf on a cutting board. Add 1 tablespoon of hummus to the bottom 1/3 of the leaf and drizzle with Sriracha, to taste. Top with a few slices of each of the vegetables, olives and cheese.
4. Fold the sides in towards the middle, and then roll the leaf from front to back until the filling is completely enclosed, keeping everything nice and tight. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve.
5. Before serving, slice chilled wraps diagonally across the middle and serve cold.