Make it Festive
Evergreen Centerpiece by Fête Uncommon Greenery Dramatic beach-foraged pinecone branches plus a trio of locally cut, fresh evergreens are the picks for the container of your choice. A sterling silver trumpet vase is timeless. Facebook: FÊTEuncommongreenery
Make it Spirited
Holiday Brandy Milk Punch
4 tablespoons brandy
3 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons simple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
freshly grated nutmeg, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a rocks glass and stir. Add ice to fill glass, and garnish with a dusting of freshly grated nutmeg.
Looking to get creative? Download Mixel With an index of over 600 ingredients and 1,700 recipes, Mixel will show you cocktails you can make with ingredients you already have on hand. Created by Brewton natives Mitchell McMillan, brother Malcolm McMillan and Roy Brown, the app is set to go global. The Mixel app can be downloaded on Google Play and the Apple App store.
Make it Personal
Nothing is more traditionally Southern than a monogram, but these beauties feel fresh and exciting. The hemstitched cocktail napkins are available in 101 colors with endless embroidery options, perfect for holiday entertaining or gifting to the woman with beautiful taste. Colorful serging, embroidered edges and delicate fringe make these linens swoon-worthy. Fairhope’s Amy Gray and Effie Thompson of Bobbins Design can guide you to the perfect custom look. bobbinsdesign.com
Make it Cheerful
Red or White Wine shares the perfect bottle for every festive occasion.
PERFECT HOST GIFTS:
• Graham Beck Sparkling Rosé $17 A South African sparkling rosé that is dry with notes of raspberry.
• Browne Heritage Cabernet $19 A medium-bodied wine from Washington State with a soft palate and notes of dark berries and tobacco.
• Alexander Valley “Cyrus” Bordeaux Blend 2013 $55 A hefty amount of Cabernet is the backbone of this very well done Bordeaux-style blend from Alexander Valley Vineyards.
PERFECT FOR CHRISTMAS EVE:
• Pol Roger Champagne NV $53 The favorite Champagne of Winston Churchill, also a choice for Prince Harry, and a favorite among Red or White staff!
• AIX Rosé $20 Very traditional Provencal rosé that works well with a wide array of foods.
• Olivier Leflaive “Les Setilles” Chardonnay $26 Grapes are sourced within the communes of Puligny-Montrachet and Meursault. Clean and fresh tasting with notes of lemon.
• Chappellet Mountain Cuvee $28 Rich and complex blend from Napa County, great with beef tenderloin.
PERFECT FOR CHRISTMAS BRUNCH:
• Gerard Bertrand Sparkling Rosé $23 From Limoux, where sparkling wine originated. The picture of former President Thomas Jefferson is an homage to his love of wines from
this region. Bright and lively with fine mousse, versatile enough to pair with most courses.
• Chateau l’Oiseliniere Muscadet $16 The quintessential oyster wine, or lovely as-is. Aged on lees for a richer palate.
• Charbonnier Vacqueyras $24 Dark dried fruits and some herbs lend a perfect pairing for roasted meats. Hand-harvested grenache and syrah.
Make it Local
Looking for the perfect local gift for the person who has it all? We picked four of our favorites, ready to wrap up and tuck under the tree!
No Ordinary Ornament Tuck a touch of the Bay into the boughs of your holiday tree with these cloisonné ornaments, each handcrafted and gilded with 24 karats. A keepsake box makes the perfect packaging. soireesignatures.com
A Modern Mobile Bay Watercolor Fairhope artist Elisabeth Hays perfectly captures the movement of our local waters in pale greens and shiny gold. Prints small and large are a super chic gift. elisabethhays.com
Gentleman’s Game The first and only deer hunting and bass fishing card game is made locally by Clifton Mosteller and Brett Loper. Boys and men across the Bay are whispering, “Stocking stuffer!” wildcardbrands.com
A Holiday Staple Cheese straws are the perennial Christmas party snack, and no one does them better than Donna Hill. Keep a bag (or two) on hand for impromptu hostess gifts or last-minute guests. Cake! by Donna