MoonPie Drop Pancakes
Simply Yummy Buttermilk Pancake batter (recipe below)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
5 chocolate MoonPies, or your favorite MoonPie flavor
green and purple edible glitter
1. Prepare pancake batter, adding cinnamon to the dry ingredients.
2. Chop MoonPies into bite-sized chunks.
3. Pour pancake batter circles onto griddle. Sprinkle several MoonPie chunks onto each pancake. Wait for bubbles to form and flip pancakes.
4. Immediately, sprinkle edible glitter onto each pancake. Cook until golden brown. Serves 20
Simply Yummy Buttermilk Pancakes
4 large eggs
6 cups buttermilk
1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, butter and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, blending well.
3. Add dry ingredients to liquid ingredients, whisking until combined. At this point, add buttermilk or flour as necessary to adjust the thickness of the batter as desired.
4. Preheat a griddle to 375 degrees, or medium heat. Electric griddles provide the advantage of heating quickly, reduce the need for oil and can reach the proper temperature while you are preparing the batter. When your batter can pour easily, lightly spray the griddle with canola oil for crunchy edges. Use a ladle or pancake batter dispenser. You can also use a container with a lip.
5. Ladle or pour the batter onto the griddle. Pour a slightly smaller circle of batter than desired to allow for expansion. Once small bubbles form on the pancakes, they are ready to be flipped. Cook on the second side until pancakes are browned underneath. Serves 20
Love this recipe? Click here for more festive Mardi Gras recipes!