Blackberry & Fontina Grilled Cheese
8 thick slices of multigrain bread
12 ounces of fresh blackberries
12 – 15 fresh basil leaves, chopped
6 – 8 ounces of fontina cheese, sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mash blackberries and stir in chopped basil. Heat an electric griddle or large skillet over medium-low heat.
2. Brush each piece of bread with olive oil. In another skillet or griddle, place 4 pieces of bread.
3. Lay a piece of cheese on each slice of bread, then top with a few spoonfuls of smashed blackberries.
4. Brush the remaining pieces of bread with olive oil and place on top.
5. Once the bottom of the bread is golden, flip and cook until the other side is equally golden. Makes 4
Click here for more grilled cheese recipes.